It is that time again when Gombeen men (and women)
will call to your front door trying to convince you to vote for them or somebody that they support in the General Election 2011
. This time, it is more important than ever to get some real answers and real commitment from the politicians-to-be, as the previous governments have managed to crash the economy beyond repair ad betray us all.
There are several excellent initiatives by ordinary citizens to try to bring clarity to what, if anything, the politicians-to-be say they stand for. In any case, we have to make sure that the politicians-to-be are made fully aware of that they will be hired to for work us
, not the other way around.
So, here are some links to what YOU
can do to help uncover the truth about the politicians-to-be:
1. The National Interview
Get your camera, phone or whatever recording equipment you might have and ask the questions, below.
Upload your video to YouTube
(or whatever site) and post your video link on Twitter
with the tag #natint
Links to good questions can be found here
In addition to this, some good questions are:
- Do you think our government should give away Irish gas and oil for nothing?
- Do you think the debts of a private bank should be paid by the Irish people?
- Do you think pensioners should pay extra taxes to pay for the cost of the banking collapse?
- How did you vote on March 20th 2003? Did you support the invasion of Iraq through your support for the US military at Shannon airport - against the will of he majority of the Irish people?
- Can you explain why we have still not sorted out the health system so that sick people have access to appropriate medical treatment?
- Why have you given away millions of euros of Irish people’s money to bail out the religious orders that have raped and abused Irish children?
- Did you support wasting millions of euros of Irish people’s money on electronic voting machines that are completely useless and expert advice would have told you this if you looked for it prior to commissioning them?
- How could you sell off Eircom and Aer Lingus - they belonged to the Irish people, not you?
- How can you justify building private hospitals on public grounds instead of spending the time, energy, and resources improving the public hospitals and health system for all people not just the rich?
- Why don’t we have proper public transport?
- Why have you wasted millions of Irish people’s money contesting the rights of children to have access to appropriate education and have sentenced countless autistic children to a life of isolation and misery?
2. The Tell Us Why campaign
Just as any other job applicant, get your politician-to-be fill out this form
so that you can determine if they have any qualifications and who is the best suited for the job and make sure that we don't get the wasters back.
3. And finally, remember to vote!
It's your life, your money, your family and your future that is at stake.
Labels: Irish Election 2011, People's journalism