Friday, May 21, 2004

Quality time

It's 03:10 in the morning. I'm working on my PhD. Everybody else is sleeping. No phonecalls. No TV. No students. Just me and, as always, the radio. One thing bothers me right now: RTE are re-sending the same programs at night as they originally broadcast in the morning... I've already heard this stuff once (or perhaps it's all recorded. There's never anything new, just re-broadcasts - no sorry that's CNN). I've also noticed that they're probably running completely on tape. Quite often their news run into the next program and NOBODY seems to care. Interesting cacaphony though. We won't make it tonight, though. It'll take another few good nights of work to get this thesis (and all the friggin code that goes with it!) to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home