Wednesday, August 25, 2004

The curse of callbacks

I've had a good day. I found a bug in my sound model code - fixed. Then I decided to change my filter model as I wasn't happy with the way it sounded.
ZAP!
As the filter (and the rest of the synthesis) runs in a callback controlled by the audio device driver, the debugger just refuses to give me more info. Forget printf's as well.
Apart from this, I also added a test tone, just to verify that the main code is working OK. That worked .
I'm currrently trying to decide if I should stay hacking and hope to make it for an 11 o'clock meeting tomorrow morning (red-eye syndrome), or go to bed, try to sleep and still show up in a mess after dreaming of hex dumps.
I'll print the code on paper tomorrow and use the olde bio-debugger (=brain)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home