Monday, December 18, 2006

Me, Tretow, Lundsten and Kubrik

Tonight I realised how right they are. Why travel? If you want to talk about my work, you come HERE. I have heard that Stanley Kubrik refused to travel. For a number of years, I have tried to invite Michael B. Tretow (amongst other things, ABBA's sound engineer) and Ralph Lundsten (one of the world's finest electronic music composers). They refused to travel. So, here I am, trying to plan my work for 2007. Invite from European Commission for Luxembourg in January, keynote in York in February. I might skip Luxembourg, but for York I'm currently checking out the possibilities using trains and ferries. That's life. Hopefully this approach will enable a low CO2 footprint.

3 Comments:

Blogger Phibius said...

Maybe carbon-offsetting the flights might be an idea? Cheap, and this way you can not only fly carbon-nuetral but, even better, carbon negative.

2:11 pm  
Blogger cyberviking said...

Yes, that's a good idea. I had a look at ClimateCare and hinted to friends and colleagues to have a look at it as well.

4:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe you could stop every 3 miles or so and shoot a few cows. That might help with carbon emissions.
/tony

6:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home