Wednesday, March 28, 2007

AppleTV has landed

Yesterday, I got my AppleTV box. As I wanted to connect it to the home cinema system, I thought I'd be OK using the RGB output. I then discovered that the RGB output is actually YPbPr, so I've now bought extra cables, ordered a SyncBlaster RGB to Component video Transcoder from Keene Electronics in the UK.
Apple needs to update their documentation!
A postive discovery while going through all possible troubleshooting from Apple was that AppleTV at least uses a simple form of Auditory Display to indicate what it's doing while going through all its possible screen resolutions and synch options. The AppleTV box goes PING every time it changes screen settings and finally PING-PING when it has completed the cycle and restarts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home