Friday, January 28, 2005

Strange planet – try to be nice!

So, today it was the 60th anniversary of Auschwitz. I watched the news, read the papers, and I cried. Many years ago, a friend of mine committed suicide. He was a great guy. Before this, he wanted to investigate his past. I’m not sure if I have the right story, but as far as I know, he’d been adopted. His real parents were killed in the Final Solution. A year or so after he had visited the sites in Germany, Poland, etc., he was quite depressed. Suddenly, he came out of his depression with, what appeared, new positive energy. Next, he was dead. The killing goes much further than you think.
We, humankind, have learned NOTHING! People are still killing, exterminating, torturing and starving each other – for what?!
I guess the Western world had a shake-up with the tsunami in the Indian Ocean, as some white people perished. What about the rest of the world, where this happens every day?
Why don’t we start with a Be-Good day all over the planet? Next year, we’ll have two Be-Good days, the year after 3. In 365 years, we might get somewhere. If people start to notice the difference, it might come sooner. If you have – give. If you need – ask.
If you read this: tomorrow, when you wake up, think, “today I will be nice to everybody, I will help everyone, I will forgive everyone”.
Johnny Be Good – Tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home