Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Russel - a programming language

For the first time as a university lecturer, they are asking me to lecture to 1st years, tomorrow. While preparing my notes this evening, I felt that I should give a personal perspective on Computer Science. Back in the early 80s I started to develop a programming language that I called Russell after Bertrand Russell (after reading Principia Mathematica and discussing set theory with people on-line). So, I decided to Google Russell programming language and found this . Scary stuff. The implication is that somebody in the Swedish government agency NUTEK (which was called STU at the time) must have leaked everything I sent them... I think I know who it was, but can't remember his name. That's old age for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home