Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Diagnosis...

It’s been a medic day. First I went to my GP and eventually got antibiotics, steroids and ephedrine to attempt to clear my sinusitis, tonsillitis and ear infection. It’ll take at least a fortnight. Mona is still in hospital and will probably remain there for the week.
So why the hell am I writing this? Well, I sat down to try to do some PhD writing but had too much on my mind. My way of dealing with this is to try to slowly force my brain on track.

Mikael (M): So, let’s try to write another few pages on the PhD.
Mikael’s Brain (MB): But, but, but – no – you have to think about what’s going on in your life right now. Priorities!
M: Yes, I want to complete my PhD thesis…
MB: No, no, no… your health is up shit creek, Mona is ill. What the hell are you going to do about that?
M: I don’t know. What can I do? Hey, you, brain, let’s at least do some writing.
MB: OK, but only if it’s about what matters…
M: You never know, we might drift into topic as we go…
(typing away into the sunset, trying not to think while typing)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home